Depending on your pet’s clinical signs and symptoms, your doctor may recommend a scoping procedure to aid proper diagnosis. During this routine procedure, one of our veterinarians will insert an endoscope — a tubular instrument with a small camera and light at one end — into an opening of the body. With endoscopic equipment, our team is able to examine a variety of internal organs in the following capacities:
- Endoscopy: used to examine the digestive tract.
- Colonoscopy: used to examine the inside of the colon (large intestine or large bowel).
- Laparoscopy: minimally invasive surgical procedure used to examine the organs inside the abdomen.
- Rhinoscopy: used to examine the entire nasal cavity.
- Arthroscopy: minimally invasive surgical procedure to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside a joint.
- Otoscopy: used to examine the ear canal.
For dogs and cats, scoping can provide a way to better help diagnose gastrointestinal conditions as well as certain types of cancer.
Schedule an Appointment Online